Position: After-School Site Coordinator
Position Description: The Site Coordinator is responsible for program implementation, classroom management, and communication with parents and teachers.
Schedule: 20 hours per week, which includes:
-Program Operations times vary depending on site. However, programs occur during the afterschool hours.
Program and Curriculum Implementation
- Arrives to scheduled site promptly in time to set up site (alerts supervisor immediately if running late).
- Studies and implements existing curriculum during after school programs.
- Helps prepare and implement additional program curriculum and activities in accordance with DCPS and Kid Power standards.
- Communicates with senior staff regarding implementation issues.
- Actively participates in all enrichment classes.
- Practices, institutionalizes, and professionalizes the language of Advancing Youth Development.
- Provides for the safety and well-being of all youth participants.
- Ensures that each student sets and tracks individual academic and behavioral goals.
- Creates and implements classroom and individual incentive program and other behavioral management systems.
- Reports all major behavioral issues to the Assistant Program Director.
- Adheres to Kid Power behavior management system and implements consequences accordingly.
- Immediately reports any child abuse or neglect issues to the attention of the Assistant Program Director or the Program Director.
- Tracks student attendance daily
- Ensures completion of all youth evaluations throughout the semester
- Communicates daily with DCPS coordinator and teachers about student issues, homework, classroom cleanliness, meal provision, and attendance.
- Maintains professional relationship with all program partners on site and communicates with Kid Power senior staff whenever any issues arise.
- In coordination with the Assistant Program Director, explores and manages new program partnerships to improve program quality and efficiency.
- Schedules and attends meetings with parents/guardians when needed regarding youth issues.
Staff and Volunteer Management
- Manages Site Associates and volunteers on site (reports issues to Assistant Program Director and Program Director when necessary).
- Communicates with all associates and volunteers regarding program tasks before and after program.
- Tracks and inputs volunteer hours daily.
Development and Special Events
- Attendance at occasional special events (vegetable sales, parent nights, fundraisers). These events will all be paid at the hourly rate.
- Occasional assistance on development tasks.